The Hall will be closed Thursday November 26th through Sunday November 29th.
** UNEMPLOYMENT HELP **
Please see article below and use the code when filing for Unemployment to help speed up the process.
Medical care is available to our members at home. Please follow this link to learn more about Live Health Online. This is an online doctor app. to make your doctor’s visit as convenient as possible with no direct exposure. https://bcove.video/3afYVxs
Stay safe and well everyone
Local 219 is a chapter of the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada (UA), which represents about 370,000 plumbers, pipefitters, sprinkler fitters, service technicians and welders in Local Unions across North America. Established in 1889, the UA has been training qualified pipe tradesmen and women longer than anyone else in the industry. We provide premier training programs, including apprenticeships, extensive journeyman training, an instructor training program and numerous certification programs. We help our signatory contractors grow their market share by identifying new opportunities, providing support, and connecting them to the safest, most skilled and most highly trained workforce in the industry.Learn More
Years of training and/or experience are needed to become a skilled plumber; some jurisdictions also require that plumbers be licensed. Some needed skills, interests, and values
- Reading drawings, and specifications to determine layout of water supply, waste, and venting systems
- Installing, repairing and maintaining domestic, commercial, and industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locating and marking positions for pipe connections, passage holes, and fixtures in walls and floors
- Measuring, cutting, bending, and threading pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Testing pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Awareness of legal regulations and safety issues
- Ensuring safety standards and build regulations are met.